Who we are: Formations Inc. is a forward-thinking distribution company committed to provide quality product, knowledgeable staff and substantial financial commitment through inventory and investment in our customers to ensure the success of our customers, suppliers, and industry. Formations Inc. is a privately-owned wholesale distributor of non-structural wood products and accessories and Manufacturing of Cabinet Doors to the woodworking community in Western Canada.
At Formations, we are driven by a shared purpose: Building a business that provides exceptional customer experience and inspires design.
What does Formations believe in?
1) Respect- Respect for all teammates, customers, vendors & all other stakeholders
2) Accountability- Accountable to the team and holding others accountable
3) Team- Unified team working together to achieve the goals of the Company
4) Communication- Open, unbiased and honest communication
5) Innovation- Continuous improvement on all aspects of our business
Products and services Formations offers:
- High Pressure Laminate
- Solid Surfacing
- Decorative Panels
- Edge Treatments
- Hardwood Plywood
- Hardwood Lumber
- Wood & specialty coatings
- Adhesives and Abrasives
We are currently looking for an individual to join our new Manufacturing facility of Cabinet Doors. Your primary responsibility will be to spray a two part environmentally friendly adhesive used in the thermoforming process. The right candidate will also be cross trained to assist the operators of various pieces of production equipment, a panel press, beam saw, CNC router and a thermofoil press.
- Prepping MDF cabinet doors as necessary
- Application of an adhesive product to cabinet doors in a 26’ cross draft spray booth.
- Racking the sprayed product to cure before advancing to the Thermofoil machine.
- Understand and follow all corporate safety policies and procedures, including PPE requirements
- Understand the door manufacturing process flow, keeping workflow organized in a timely fashion.
- Read technical paperwork and drawings to interpret specifications
- Ensure raw materials, shop equipment and work areas are clean and organized
- Understand department and company goals, strive to meet/exceed these targets
- Package and crate finished product
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year’s spraying experience in a production wood working shop is an asset
- High level of concentration, attention to detail and quality control
- Basic math skills – unit conversions, arithmetic operations,
- Basic computer skills – Navigating Windows, Microsoft Office and Email
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly
- Familiarity with basic hand tools and ability to read a tape measure is a must
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve and add value to the organization
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Wood-Working: 1 year (required)
- Basic math: 1 year (required)
- industrial painting: 1 year (required)