Who we are: Formations Inc. is a forward-thinking distribution company committed to provide quality product, knowledgeable staff and substantial financial commitment through inventory and investment in our customers to ensure the success of our customers, suppliers, and industry. Formations Inc. is a privately-owned wholesale distributor of non-structural wood products and accessories and Manufacturing of Cabinet Doors to the woodworking community in Western Canada.
At Formations, we are driven by a shared purpose: Building a business that provides exceptional customer experience and inspires design.
What does Formations believe in?
1) Respect- Respect for all teammates, customers, vendors & all other stakeholders
2) Accountability- Accountable to the team and holding others accountable
3) Team- Unified team working together to achieve the goals of the Company
4) Communication- Open, unbiased and honest communication
5) Innovation- Continuous improvement on all aspects of our business
Products and services Formations offers:
- High Pressure Laminate
- Solid Surfacing
- Decorative Panels
- Edge Treatments
- Hardwood Plywood
- Hardwood Lumber
- Wood & specialty coatings
- Adhesives and Abrasives
Formations is looking for a talented and motivated Customer Service Representative to join the Langley branch’s growing sales team and will thrive in a quick sales cycle environment. This role requires providing excellent customer service, sales, and account management. CSRs are the first point of contact for potential customers who will walk into Formations showroom; CSR’s will be serving as a Brand Ambassador for Formations in a way that is positive, honest, and professional. CSR’s will be responsible for sparking interest and quickly connecting with Formations client base across BC’s cities. Our goal is to make sure all our clients have best-in-class experience from start to finish. If you enjoy talking to people and helping people see the value in new products, this is the job for you!
- Meetings goals set by the Sales Manager
- Follow the Company’s sales process
- Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities
- Establishes effective relationships with the customers; based on quality products, services and convenience.
- Efficiently dealing with customer inquiries and complaint resolution
- Handling all incoming phone sales inquiries
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers
- Input sales orders into the computer system in an accurate and timely manner
- Fills orders by transferring orders to fulfillment, communicating expected delivery date, and explaining stock-outs.
- Explaining and demonstrating features of products and services
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries and verifying and entering information.
- Maintain an organized workspace and properly file documents, updates, and product information so it is readily accessible for reference and to answer questions.
- Previous work experience in the Wood-Working industry
- Experience in Industrial Sales
- Presentation skills
- Client management skills
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve and add value to the organization
- High sense of urgency to set and achieve monthly and annual goals
- Ability to interpret and analyze sales data
- Strong computer skills are required for processing orders, ordering material, checking inventory, etc.
- Desire to learn
- High attention to detail
- Excellent punctuality is required. Hours of operation are 8:00am through 5:00pm Monday through Friday with occasional over time as per business needs
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
- Minimum of a Highschool diploma
- Gross profit achieved versus budget and year over year sales growth
- Number of quality, in-person calls logged per day
- Number of quality prospects added per month
- Number of interactions/touches logged per day
- Number of orders secured monthly based on specifications earned on Formations products
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Inside sales: 2 years (required)
- Building Supplies: 1 year (preferred)