As a Design and Specification Representative (DSR) one of your primary responsibilities include creating new relationships with accounts in a dedicated market territory in a business-to-business (B2B) environment while building and maintaining a close working relationship with existing accounts. The DSR will influence design; assist design professional customers with design and product solutions to complete their projects. The DSR will leverage an innovative mindset to support their clients in achieving their business objectives while also accomplishing company set monthly and annual targets. The DSR will cultivate relationships with customers involved in the manufacturing process but also possess the drive and talent to develop relationships with architects, designers, developers and general contractors by translating client needs and branding strategies into design strategies through visual concepts.
• Proactively make outgoing calls and visits to generate sales and specifications with architects, designers, developers, and general contractors as well as woodworking firms within the interior based building products industry
• Develop an assessment of the commercial and residential market and a strategy for building relationships with A&D professionals who can specify and influence sales
• Preparing responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information)
• Understand specification and the steps required to execute a specification throughout the complete sales process
• Introduce designers to industry fabricators where appropriate, with a view to ensuring both parties with a stronger reason to specify Formations products.
• Develop trusted business relationships with influencers of specified products. Including designers, architects, builders, contractors, dealers, manufactures with in house design etc.
• Prospect for product opportunities and sales utilizing the company CRM and 3rd party project tracking tools.
• Prospecting new accounts and making cold calls. Constantly set up Lunch and Learns as well as Product Knowledge sessions with Architects, designers and people that influence specification.
• Input daily interactions and product opportunities into CRM
• Manage timelines for Projects that contain our specified products
• Be an active member in professional industry organizations
• Maintain knowledge of the competitor’s product lines and identify and report intelligence on competitor marketing strategies.
• Provide timely and accurate technical information for product specifications
• Be able to work with our Vendors, sales desk, and warehouse personnel to fulfill customer requirements
• Understand the market price for the products offered by the company to maximize margins and have the ability to understand what products fit into the client’s budget.
• Maintain and manage sample tools and marketing assets
• Work with colleagues to maintain sample libraries at A&D firms as well within your Branch
• Continual self-education and participation in training sessions of Formations products to allow expert consultation with customers
• Follow up to make sure that product information as provided is sufficient and specifications are held through the bid process
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years sales and or industry related experience interacting with Architects & Designers is required
• Strong presentation skills is a must
• Post-secondary education is considered an asset
• Ability to conceptualize visuals based on requirements
• Solid computer skills are required to create and deliver product presentations
• Experience within millwork, cabinet or furniture industries is considered an asset
• Experience in the design community is highly desirable
• Highly organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work under pressure to achieve monthly and annual goals
• Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve and add value to the organization
• Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
• Positive attitude able to work independently and as integral part of a team environment
• Ability to be a hunter and grow/maintain current accounts
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. multiple times daily
Formations is passionate about building a business that provides exceptional customer experience and inspires design. Our core values are respect, accountability, team, communication, and innovation. If you have a growth mindset and thrive in a collaborative environment where you have the ability to influence and are solution minded, you are a great fit for our team!
Interested applicants please forward your cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org